- 2 Lakeside Tomatoes on the Vine, cut into 6 wedges
- 250g Pappardelle pasta
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red onion (about 1 cup) cut into half moons
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup homemade bread crumbs
- black pepper
- 2 cups swiss chard, cut into ribbons
- 1/3 cup reserve pasta water
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium low heat. Add the garlic to the oil, and saute gently until lightly golden. Remove garlic from pan and set aside. Add the red onion to the pan with the remaining oil and saute until golden brown.
Meanwhile, bring salted water in a large pot to a boil. Cook pasta according to the directions. Reserve 1/3 cup of the water before draining pasta completely. Toss the pasta with a little olive oil, loosely cover and keep warm.
In a small frying pan, toast the bread crumbs with the red chili flakes over medium low heat. Remove from heat, and mix well with the garlic. Season with black pepper and set aside.
Add the swiss chard and tomato wedges to the onions and gently combine. Add the pasta reserve water and gently combine again. Heat until swiss chard has slightly wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide the pasta between four plates, top with the tomato and swiss chard mixture. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over top. Divide mint between the dishes and serve.